Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Job Offer

So I was offered a promotion on Monday. One of the gals in our Billing department is retiring in June and I just had my annual review/raise two weeks ago. While talking to my supervisor I told her that I would be willing to help in any way I could when the billing gal retires. She told my boss that I said that and I guess my boss had this epiphany that I should take billing gal's place.

Well, you try learning 40 plus years of information in 3 months! At first I told my supervisor that my boss was crazy if she thinks I am going to take billing gal's place. But we got to talking and I wouldn't actually take over her position; they didn't want to move me up that fast. Rather I would be a replacement to that department, since it would only leave one other gal doing all the billing work. I said I'd think about it.

Well today I was presented with a 10% raise if I took the position. On my salary, any percent is a welcome raise. I told her I would still think about it. I'll probably take it. Can't pass up that much money.

Hope I know what I am getting myself into.

DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home