Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Saga Continues...

Remember this? Well, if it ain't one thing, it's another. Last week I had an accident; just messed up the front bumper and blew another damn tire. While I was changing the tire, the car slipped off the jack and smashed my right hand between the thumb and index finger. Ouch.

Well, all I've been thinking about this week is the drama that I went through when I was rear-ended by the drunk driver who then fled on foot. Basically my insurance company jerked me around. I ended up paying $500 deductible, and $500+ for a rental car while it was being fixed. They sent me directly to one of their "preferred" body shops without having an adjuster even look at it. And then they turned my claim over to collections because they could not get the other insurance company to pay for it. So I was out $1000+... for something that was not even my fault. AND I had a police report.

Anyhoo... this time I said screw the police report (partly because I had been drinking anyway and didn't want to report it). I figured it wouldn't do me any good anyway. So I filed a claim with my insurance company. They set up an appointment to have it checked out by one of their adjusters, which I thought was odd because they didn't do that last time. So I went and did that this morning. He looked it over, told me how much the damages were probably going to be ($1700+) and then asked me if I was going to have the dealership do the repairs. WTF?!?! I said of course, if that was possible. And he cut me a check, less a $250 deductible this time (?) and sent me on my way.

What's up with that? I don't understand insurance companies sometimes. Oh well, hopefully when all is said and done it will be like this again!


DJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home