But will it be the same next time?
Is it just me or have you ever noticed that when you learn something at work that usually doesn't come up and then somewhere down the line it does come up again and the answer is not the same? Does that make sense or have I totally lost you? Let me explain.
I recently started doing a new position at my job. I was trained for 3 months by the lady who was retiring. It's hard to fit 40 years of experience in my tiny little brain, but I tried. Anyway, I remember a situation that we went over before she left and she said it didn't happen very often but told me what we needed to do to fix it. I wrote down each step she took me through and then labeled it so that I would be able to find the notes if it ever came up again. Well, it did. HOWEVER, we followed my notes to the letter to correct the situation and, well, that didn't work. So for the past few days we have been working with the programmers on how to correct the problem and they finally came up with a solution. So I took detailed notes on it... again... Now I wonder, if this comes up again in the future, which solution will work then?
Technology... go figure.
DJ


1 Comments:
welcome to my life! miss you.
Post a Comment
<< Home