Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My First Night on "The Meds..."

As I lay there on my bed I feel my body getting lighter, as if I am floating on a cloud of sheets and blankets. “Huh, this isn’t too bad,” I think to myself. But then I decided I better roll over and try to go to sleep just in case there are any side effects that aren’t so pleasant. So I roll over and take one last look at the empty pillow beside me and then close my eyes.

Suddenly the room gets brighter as if someone turned on the light. I can see the pillow lying next to me. That’s not right, my eyes are closed. I open my eyes again just to see if someone had entered the room but it was dark. I close my eyes again only I don’t see a pillow next to me, I see a face; a mask of some sort. I am startled, but keep my eyes closed knowing it’s just the drugs playing tricks on me.

My bed starts spinning; first in one direction and then the other, floating up and down. I begin to feel a little nauseated. The room is very bright and I begin to see people all around me; people that I work with, friends, family. These people are comforting, yet there is something strange about them. Their faces and bodies morph into strange, almost cartoon-like images. It kind of reminds me of the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit? It is very real yet I know it isn’t.

There is so much going on in my head; things are just morphing and changing all around me from once scene in a movie to another. How can I sleep with all this going on? I have to get up… I need to pee.

I get up and look at the clock. I’ve been asleep for an hour and a half. No way, I haven’t been asleep at all! But I had been. I stepped out of bed and just about fall onto the floor. I catch my balance and proceed to the bathroom. God I feel like I have been drinking all night!

I get back in bed and close my eyes. I lay there quietly for a few minutes. Then the room gets bright again. The bed starts spinning. The mask laying next to me stares me in the face. Here we go again…


DJ.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home