Screen On The Green
I had the pleasure of taking part of Atlanta's Screen On The Green in Piedmont Park on Thursday. The movie that they showed was The Wiz, staring Dianna Ross as Dorothy and Michael Jackson as The Scarecrow. I had never seen the film so I was excited about going. I can say that it was interesting and we had a blast but I would never sit through the movie again. Now I know why I didn't go see it when it came out.
I took a few pictures from the park. The event spawned a huge turnout; larger than I had remembered from previous years. We got there very early and it was already almost packed. We managed to get right in the center of the screen about a third of the way back. The first pic is of my J-Bear with a view of the crowd to the South. The second pic is a view of the crowd to the North. And this was over an hour before the movie started so you can imagine the crowd once it got dark.

Overall the evening was wonderful. The weather was great and the company, as usual, was the most fun. I hope we will do this again this summer before the series is over.
DJ


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home