Super Bowl, Super Bar, Super Blah!
Every year when Super Bowl time comes around it always reminds me of my early days working at Wendy's back in my home town of Ottawa, KS. Okay, I know this sounds crazy but when our humble little store on 23rd Street was remodeled to include a Super Bar, that was a huge event! We were the first Wendy's in the area to have one... and they came from all over just to try it! So whenever I hear "Super Bowl" I think of the first night we opened the "Super Bar" and what an event it was.Okay... with that story out of my mind let's just say that I don't get into sports... never have. Until the last year I never paid any attention to sports because I could never play any. I still can't but that is beside the point. I have, however, taken an interest in Rugby. Those of you who know me know why. But that is the extent of my athletic support, except for the one in my dresser drawer but we won't go there.
So when I hear all of these people talking about the Super Bowl, the first thing that comes to mind, of course, is Wendy's. Then after that I just tune them out (chanting in my mind... "Blah, Blah, Blah...") thus the phrase "Super Blah!"
Your Out! (ooops... wrong sport!)
DJ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home